Sunday 14 November 2010

Back from my studies

It's been a long time since my last blog, I've been very busy taking my two ACA advanced stage exams. Having taken 12 exams already, in order to complete the ACA professional stage, I was pretty bored of the whole thing by the time my technical integration tuition started. Luckily one of my ACA tutors in Nicosia gave us all a relatively inspirational speech about the merits of passing these two first time so that all that would be left would be the case study.

I don't think I've ever done as much preparation for an exam as I did for these two. I studied every weekend and some nights after work too for about 6 months. By the time it came to the exams I knew the whole syllabus completely. However, there were massive building works going one next to my apartment and I sat my Business Reporting exam in a state of total sleep deprivation. You can also always rely on the ICAEW to mix it up and give you a paper that is different to any of the past papers or mocks. I really wonder what the point is of the ICAEW writing mock papers if they are not going to be representative of the real exam.

Needless to say Business Reporting may end up being one I have to retake. I think Business Change went okay but you never know. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got the results you wanted. I feel for you regarding the noise factor and resultant sleep deprivation. Noise is a real issue in our modern world I think. Let's hope you were not too sleep deprived to do justice to the exam and all your exam preparation! Well done for getting to the stage you are at in a very gruelling professional training process.

    ReplyDelete